2nd Team v. Suffolk
10th May 2015
Whittlebury Park Golf Club
The weather at Whittlebury Park was cold and windy.
The foursomes play was disappointing at times. We looked after 9 holes as if we might get a 2 all at lunch but very poor finishes from two pairs with bogeys and doubles over the last 4 holes left us at 1-3 down at lunch.
The outstanding pair of the morning were Jon Harris & Miles Mudge who played some solid golf.
The afternoon singles were much more positive and the golf improved from most of the players.
- Nick Herridge (County Champion) put in a solid performance at number one to win 6/5,
- Miles Mudge lost 3/2
- Mark Bazeley lost 4/3
- The outstanding performance was from Jon Harris who was four under par when he won 6/4.
- Stuart Nicholas's golf greatly improved from the morning and his 2/1 win was a good contest with Stuart sticking to the task.
- Taylor Sargeant played very well for his 1up win against good opposition with solid golf and good ball striking.
- Mike Chambers lost 3/2
- The surprise in the afternoon was Jake Croxford who had looked completely out of touch in the morning, He went 2up early and was pegged back to be 2 down after 13 holes he won the 14th & 15th to go A/S he won the 16th to go 1up halved the 17th with a great up and down from the left side so 1up one to play we looked like we might get a half out of the match, With all the team watching at this point Jake hit a great tee shot at #9 on the blue to leave a good shot into the green his opposition hit an iron of the tee a bit left near the hedge and played a great shot to the green from where he was Jake pulled his shot to the green to leave a very difficult up and down that was nearly very good but he could not make par for the one up win so the match was halved and the result was 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 it was close and a great effort by all of the team.
Suffolk wished to thank Whittlebury Park for the way they had been looked after on Saturday & Sunday and said that the course was in great condition and wanted to thank the course staff.
|Nick Herridge and Mark Bazeley
||Jack Forgan and Josh Robertson
|Stuart Nicholas and Mikey Chambers
||Lost 1 down
||Chris Vince and Lewis Whiting
|Miles Mudge and Jon Harris
||Neil Meadows and John Blackmore
|Taylor Sargeant and Jake Croxford
||Rhodri Harlston and Jed Seeley
||1 - 3
||Won 1 up
||Won 4.5 - 3.5
||Northamptonshire 5.5 - Suffolk 6.5